Friday, October 9, 2015

Tag You're It Challenge #32

Well, I'm still struggling a bit with the jet lag...just can't seem to get up in the morning.  Also, I was very sluggish in my tennis match yesterday---but, hopefully next week the jet lag will be a distant memory!

Today my friend Hatsumi and I did a bit of hiking in the open space today!  Nice day, clear sky's which resulted in some beautiful views of the valley.




It is time for another challenge at Tag You're It.  This inspiration is from Kelly Szafron.  I love the Christmas inspiration and it is never too early to start planning for the holidays!  Christmas tags are so fun to make and this is the perfect inspiration for the first Christmas tag for this year!!


In creating my tag, I decided to focus on the Santa from the inspiration tag. Here's what I came up with.  I hope you decide to join the challenge, we would love to see what you come up with.






I started by using distressed ink for the background.  I then used my copics to color Santa and the presents.  Once cut and colored, I simply adhered the images to the tag and stamped the sentiment.

As a final touch I added a bit of xxx for the snowflakes!









Supplies:
  • Bazzill Card Stock:  Marshmallow
  • Distressed Ink: Broken China, Chipped Sapphire
  • My Favorite Things Stamps and Dies:  Jingle All The Way
  • Copic Markers
  • Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • White Enamel Accents


8 comments:

  1. Adorable, Susan! Your coloring skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute happy Santa! I love the wonderful background you blended for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute jumping santa! Love the sky! hope you get some rest and happy you have clear sky’s .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, and I love your ink blending and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun and fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Santa kicking up his heels! At least he's excited about your snowy scene! Me? I dream of a green Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your happy dancing Santa makes me want to jump up and shimmy-and-shake for a bit! Super cute; super inspiring!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this beautifully coloured Santa tag! So fun.

    ReplyDelete