Monday, November 2, 2015

Hearts - CASology Challenge #170

It is pouring rain this morning...haven't heard that sound in a long time!! Thus, my tennis practice is cancelled.  Now I have a bit of time to enter into another challenge.



This weeks' challenge at CASology is Hearts---combine that with Clean and Simple and I'm there!

I focused on a classic clean and simple...a single image along with a sentiment.

Here's my take on the challenge...


I started off by die cutting my card stock using Lawn Fawn rectangles.  Since this is such a simple design, I wanted to add a little something to highlight the simple image and sentiment, so I used a smaller stitched rectangle inside the larger die cut and just inlaid the smaller rectangle.  This provides some extra focus on the sentiment but still maintaining the clean and simple theme.

Lastly, I added just a touch of Wink of Stella to the hearts to give it a bit of shimmer! 

A clean and simple card, indeed!



Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Card Stock
  • Lawn Fawn Dies:  Stitched Rectangles
  • Paper Smooches Stamps:  Lots of Love
  • The Alley Way Stamps:  Sentiment
  • Copic Markers
  • Clear Wink of Stella

3 comments:

  1. A fantastic take on the heart cue Susan!
    Thanks for joining Casology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blending and simple layout - love this! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Susan, the blending of inks on those hearts is perfect! I love that fun sentiment, too (so sorry they are closing up shop...did you hear?). Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete