Friday, January 8, 2016

Tag You're It Challenge #38

It has been a wet week so very few outdoor activities this week---until today.  My husband and I were able to play some tennis this morning---yeah! Then we are heading off for some lunch together.  And on top of that it is the first Tag You're It Challenge for 2016! What a great start to the coming weekend!




The inspiration tag is from our fearless leader Tracey McNeely!  This tag is so cute--love the elephant and the soft colors.

I was inspired by Tracey's watercolor background and colors:  grey, red and a splash of yellow.  Here is what I came up with...


I cut my tag from watercolor paper, then added lots of water to the paper.  I used some distressed ink to create the background.

On cardstock, I stamped my two images and colored them with Copic markers---keeping with the colors Tracey used in her design.

I then stamped my sentiment on some black cardstock and heat embossed it.  I popped up my spaceman and planet on foam tape and that was it!

Thanks Tracey for the inspiration!




Supplies:
  • Watercolor Paper
  • Distress Ink:  Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry
  • My Favorite Things Dies:  Tags
  • Paper Smooches:  Space Cadet Stamps and Dies
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
  • Versafine
  • Copic Markers

5 comments:

  1. Susan your water color is the perfect space landscape! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan your blast off guy is too cute and a great take on Tracey’s tag!Love your perfect background ! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your little spaceman against the outer blue space water colored background...too, too cute Susan!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, your little astronaut is absolutely adorable, and the 'outer space' you've created for him is beyond splendid! Talk about a charming, innovative take on Tracey's tag! Love it!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable tag! Fantastic take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete