Saturday, June 18, 2016

Less is More - Faux Bleach

We are in for a bit of a warm weekend...so a few tennis matches in the heat :(

We are starting a new challenge over at Less is More today.  The theme for this week is Faux Bleach. This one was hard for me.  I had to try many different ways to get this to work.  It finally came together in the end...here is what I came up with.  Looking forward to seeing your design, hope you can come and join us.

I created my faux bleach pattern on a small stipe of card stock.

I then stamped and heat embossed my sentiment on a larger panel. I added a thin strip of glitter paper at the bottom of the larger panel and popped it up on some foam tape.

It looks a little too plan so I added a heart that I cut from the same glitter paper that I used before.

11 comments:

  1. This is so cheerful and sunny in feel, I love it. Those flowers are perfect for this technique as they have come out looking great! The little heart is a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely zingy and sunny faux bleach panel Susan. The addition of the little heart really complements the sentiment. Have a great week! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the sunny yellow with the soft grey, Susan! Your flowers have come through really clearly and there is still lots of lovely white space. Great CAS design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous and striking take on the technique Susan and oozing elegance for sure. Simply CAS-tastic and beautiful. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this card, the glitter paper strip really adds to the overall look

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a super sweet card Susan, love the yellow and the pretty flowers. The thin glitter edge was a great addition too,finishes it off perfectly ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautifully done Susan, the stamping is fabulous!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours, that yellow really pops and the grey is a perfect foil to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cheerful flowers are so sweet! Great job with that technique, your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only a week late getting to you! lol
    I love this Susan, I love yellow and grey together but have never created with this combo, must give that a try! x

    ReplyDelete