Saturday, July 23, 2016

Less is More - Tactile

Back from a bit of vacation and boy has it been busy.  Been hitting the tennis court and am getting back into it...was a bit rusty, but working that out.

We have another challenge starting over at Less is More.  The theme for this challenge is Tactile. This challenge will run for two weeks, so you have lots of time of join in on the fun.

Here's my take on the challenge...


I love these little snow peeps...they are so cute.  I started by die cutting the snow peeps from my main panel.  I then stamped and colored the images from the negative space.  Once colored with copics, I glued them onto the folding card stock.

I then took the top layer and stamped my sentiment. I then used embossing paste along with my snowflake stencil---love that embossing paste.

Lastly, I adhered the top panel to the folding card stock and the snow peeps peek out perfectly!





Here is a bit of a close up that shows the dimension of the embossing paste and the cut panel.

A fun and quick Christmas Card---in July!

Would love to see what you come up with...



Supplies:



8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Christmas card Susan. Love the way you added your main image into the negative space- that's so clever. The embossing paste looks brilliant on the top panel. Enjoy your week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. Love the way the snow people peek out from under the main panel, and the embossing paste snow looks fab! I may be CASEing this come Christmas... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That textured background really is tactile Susan, super card yet again with terrific colouring!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple way to add dimension and texture to a minimal design. Love how the image is set back in the negative space. You have a real colouring talent too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute couple! i love the texture from the snow and way you have positioned them under the main panel allowing the white space to shine. I guess it wont be long before I need to start thinking about Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card with the lovely textured background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back on the commenting wagon ... sorry for the delay but loving this super cute take on tactile. Totally adorable and striking with a fabulous minimalistic look! Love it. Hugs Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable snow folks, Susan! Love all that snowy background and the brightly colored hats and scarves!

    ReplyDelete